Healthy-ish cauliflower bites made with a few simple pantry ingredients – perfect served as a snack or a side dish. These are seriously so delicious and full of flavour you won’t even notice they’re not chicken wings.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 small to medium head of cauliflower, cut into bite-sized florets
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp grass-fed unsalted butter or ghee, melted
- 2/3 cup organic hot buffalo sauce, such as tessemae’s
- Preheat oven to 450 F. Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray or line with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the arrowroot powder, water, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir in the cauliflower florets and mix well, making sure all pieces are evenly coated.
- Spread the cauliflower evenly onto your prepared baking sheet and bake in oven for 15 minutes, flipping once.
- Stir together the melter butter and hot buffalo sauce in a separate bowl and add the baked cauliflower, tossing to coat evenly.
- Return the cauliflower pieces to the baking sheet, making sure not to crowd them. Place the sheet back in the oven and bake for another 30 minutes, flipping once.
- Remove from oven and transfer the cauliflower bites to a wire rack and let them cool for 10 minutes. These are especially good served with a ranch dipping sauce, such as Primal Kitchen’s!
*You can easily make your own buffalo sauce with the following ingredients:
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 3 tbsp grass-fed unsalted butter or ghee
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice (can sub apple cider vinegar)
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos (can sub tamari or soy sauce)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Pink salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Melt butter in a small sauce pan and add all remaining ingredients, whisking to combine. Cook until warmed.