Need a way to use up leftover veggies? This springtime quiche with asparagus, leeks and feta cheese is loaded with flavour and super quick to make!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 tsp grass-fed butter
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups chopped leeks (white to light green parts)
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled (can sub for goat cheese)
- 1/2 cup organic milk
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease a 9-inch round baking dish and set aside.
- In a large sauté pan, heat 2 tsp butter over medium-high heat.
- Add asparagus, shallot, leeks and garlic to the pan and sauté until soft ~6 minutes.
- Transfer sautéed vegetables to the baking dish and spread out evenly.
- Combine eggs, feta, milk, salt and pepper into a medium bowl and whisk well.
- Pour eggs over the vegetables. Top with lots of cracked black pepper.
- Bake in oven for 20-24 minutes or until center is firm. Don’t overbake it though, you still want a nice custard-like filling.
- Once cooked through, remove from oven and let set for 5 minutes before serving.