Hi my loves, happy almost Halloween! Every year, the weeks leading up to Halloween are taken over by deciding what to costume to wear. Between what to dress up as, what you’ll be doing and how you’ll beautify yourself it can become somewhat overwhelming! Of course nail art always adds that extra little something to any costume yet year after year we constantly see the same old designs, so I decided it would be cool to try something different this year!
I’ve teamed up once again with Sally Hansen to create three easy, fun Halloween nail looks that anyone can master in a few simple steps! Because the last thing you want to be thinking about on Halloween is if your nails will chip, I used polishes from the Miracle Gel collection – no UV light required! Sally Hansen’s Miracle Gel line has over 70 shades in Canada so there’s no shortage of colours when it comes to nail art, and in two easy steps you’re left with a chip-resistant mani that can last up to 14 days. Plus, the fact that it removes easily with regular nail polish remover is super convenient.
Don’t get me wrong, it’s totally fine if you want to paint your nails black, or stick with the basics and call it a day but what better way to celebrate one of the funnest holidays then to celebrate in style by taking Snapchat’s most popular filters straight to your fingertips?
If you follow me on Snapchat (laurenslist) then you already know that I’m totally filter-obsessed! Today, I’m sharing my top three favourite Snapchat filters and how to easily re-create them on your nails:
SNAPCHAT-INSPIRED RAINBOW DRIP NAILS:
- Using Miracle Gel shade World Wide Red, create a vertical squiggle on the left side of your nail
- Next, take Complete Salon Manicure shade Mum’s The Word and repeat step 2 next to your first squiggle
- Repeat using Miracle Gel shades S-teal The Show, Byte Blue and Purplexed
- Using Blacky O outline your dripping effect using a nail art brush, and fill it in
- Using Get Mod create tiny T shaped “sparkles”
- Seal your look with Miracle Gel Top Coat for extra shine
SNAPCHAT-INSPIRED HALF-MOON FLOWER CROWN NAILS:
- Paint your nails with two coats of Miracle Gel Plush Blush, leaving a bare half-moon on your ring finger
- Using Miracle Gel shades Redgy, Pinky Rings,, Per-Suede, S-teal the Show and Complete Salon Manicure Mum’s The Word create leaves and flowers along your half-moon to create a mini flower crown accent nail
- Finish your look with a generous coat of Miracle Gel Top Coat for long-lasting cushy shine
SNAPCHAT-INSPIRED DOG NAILS:
- Paint your nails with two coats of Beatnik
- Using shade Per-Suede create a circle at the top of your ring finger and fill it in
- Create your ears once again using shade Per-Suede and Mauve-olous for the inner sides and then use a dotting tool to make your nose with Blacky O
- Using the tip of a striping brush create a “whisker” effect using shade Chocoholic
- Take your striping brush and use shade Mauve-olous to outline and fill in your tongue on your thumb nail
- Top off your look with Miracle Gel Top Coat to seal everything in
How will you be painting your nails this Halloween? Let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram if you re-create any of these looks, I love seeing your work!
*Post kindly sponsored by SALLY HANSEN CANADA. All opinions are always my own*