Hi lovelies, I can’t believe that it’s officially holiday season! Between baking holiday treats, prepping for parties and spending time with family and loved ones it truly is the most wonderful time of the year! It’s also my favourite time of the year for nail art! Coordinating your *holiday nails* to match the traditional red-white-green shades of the season, however, may seem a tad over the top. I used to love painting all of that stuff on my nails growing up, but now? Not so much. But just because I’m not painting Santa Claus on my nails this year doesn’t mean that they won’t be festive!
I opted to stick with chic holiday themed nails this year using five gorgeous shades from Sally Hansen’s Miracle Gel Holiday collection: Bordeaux Glow, Boho a-Go-Go, Midnight Mod, V-Amplified and Game of Chromes. Miracle Gel is an easy two-step zero light gel system, more chip-resistant than regular polish. It can last up to 14 days so you won’t have to worry about your mani lasting through the holidays (and it removes easily with regular polish remover)!
Here are four of my favourite, festive and fun nail art looks to get you in the holiday mood:
TWISTED PEPPERMINT HOLIDAY NAILS
Candy canes are a staple in my house during the holidays, so I decided to re-create them on my nails. I love this look because it’s festive yet so wearable (not to mention super cute)!
- Apply two coats of Sally Hansen Miracle Gel shade Get Mod
- With a striping brush create your “twists” using Sally Hansen Miracle Gel shade Bordeaux Glow
- Repeat on each nail, you can use a striping brush dipped in acetone to clean up if any of your “twists” aren’t perfect
- Finish with a generous coat of Sally Hansen Miracle Gel topcoat for extra shine
FESTIVE COLOUR BLOCK NAILS
One of the trendiest nail looks this season is this retro-chic 60’s inspired colour block, pair that with this season’s most coveted shades and your nails are sure to make a lasting impression!
- Apply two coats of Sally Hansen Miracle Gel shade V-Amplified and let dry
- Using a striping brush and Sally Hansen Miracle Gel shade Game of Chromes, create a diagonal line and fill it in, repeat on all nails
- Again using your striping brush take Sally Hansen Miracle Gel shade Midnight Mod and create another diagonal stripe this time going the opposite way and fill it in, repeat on all nails
- Seal your look with Sally Hansen Miracle Gel topcoat for an ultra-shiny, durable finish
EASY NEGATIVE SPACE NAILS
Sometimes less is more during the holidays, I’ve been obsessing over purple nails this season and have been wearing this shade non-stop – adding a negative space aspect to this look really brings it all together in a modern yet edgy way!
- Apply two coats of Sally Hansen Miracle Gel shade Boho a-Go-Go on all nails except your ring and pointer finger nails
- Take a striping brush to create two parallel lines on your pointer and ring finger nails and fill them in leaving a bare space in the centre of your nails with Sally Hansen Miracle Gel shade Boho a-Go-Go.
- Seal in your look for long-lasting shine with Sally Hansen Miracle Gel topcoat
CHIC NEW YEARS EVE NAILS
The perfect look to pair with your LBD on New Years Eve! These nails bring an elevated sense of style and luxury to any outfit.
- Using Sally Hansen Miracle Gel shade Game of Chromes and a striping brush create a horizontal line near your cuticle and fill in, repeat on all nails
- Follow with Sally Hansen Miracle Gel shade V-Amplified to create another horizontal line, this time at the top of your nail, leaving a bare section in the centre of your nail and fill in, repeat on all nails
- Complete your look with Sally Hansen Miracle Gel topcoat, making sure to cap the edges
For those of you who prefer to keep things simple with a solid mani through the holiday season, the Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Holiday Collection has some gorgeous shade choices!
‘Bordeaux Glow’ is THE perfect rich metallic red to get you in the holiday spirit! Unlike most metallic shades, this one applies evenly and doesn’t leave any streaks.
‘V-Amplified’ is a stunning deep red that becomes opaque with two thin coats. I love how shiny it becomes once paired with Sally Hansen’s Miracle Gel topcoat.
‘Boho a-Go-Go’ is a gorgeous, glossy aubergine – I’ve been obsessed with purple polish lately and this shade has been my go-to!
‘Midnight Mod’ is a deep, dark blue hue and has been one of my favourite’s through fall and winter. It applies evenly with one coat making it an easy choice for a quick, polished look!
‘Game of Chromes’ isn’t your average gold polish as it has micro sparkles embedded throughout. I love wearing this shade alone, with nail art or even as an accent nail.
These fun, festive shades and minimally chic nail designs are sure to make you stand out this holiday season! Don’t forget to always start with clean, bare nails when using Sally Hansen’s Miracle Gel polish. I like to use a quick swipe of acetone before starting, as this will help the polish adhere to your nail and last longer. If you feel your nails need a little more TLC you can start with a thin coat of Sally Hansen’s Nail Rehab as a base.
In Canada, Sally Hansen Miracle Gel nail polishes retail at $11.95 and can be found at mass retailers and drugstores (with 70 shades to choose from)! Check out Sally Hansen Canada and @sallyhansenca for more information.
How will you be painting your nails this season? Let me know in the comments below!
*Post kindly sponsored by SALLY HANSEN CANADA. All opinions are always my own*